Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Review: Benefit Hello Flawless! Oxygen Wow liquid foundation

photo from sephora.com

I received an adorable little sample of Benefit's new foundation at Sephora.  Let's give it a try, shall we?

Benefit calls it "a brightening, oil-free liquid foundation that builds from light to medium coverage with broad-spectrum SPF 25 protection."  It's available in nine shades, and a 1 oz. bottle sells for $36.00.  Full disclosure, I have oily skin and large pores, so the word "brightening" causes some concern for oil.  I usually opt for a matte foundation.

Application
After moisturizing, I used my fingers to apply it since a brush seemed overwhelming for the teeny sample vial.  It blended very nicely into my skin, leaving a soft, satin finish that looked very natural.  Coverage is quite light, so I needed concealer for a few spots.  The shade I got ("petal") seemed a tiny bit yellow for me at first, but it looked better after it oxidized and I had the rest of my makeup on.  I set it with Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder.

3 hours later...
I'm noticing a significant shine in my T-zone.  I shouldn't be surprised, since this is a "brightening" foundation and not a mattifying one.  Time to powder down.

After 8 hours...
My whole face is shiny.  The foundation has almost completely worn off of my chin and nose.  And I have 2 more hours of work to go!

The verdict
I can see this working for normal to slightly dry skin. (I'll give the rest of the sample to my mom and see how she fares.)  If you have oily skin, just skip it.

No comments:

Post a Comment