Friday, August 2, 2013

Summer Favorites!

It was tough to pick just a few favorites for July.  I've discovered a lot of great products lately!  But here's what I've been loving the most:

Clearasil Daily Clear Daily Pore Cleansing Pads
Drugstores, under $4.00

I'm a fully grown, 33-year-old woman, and I still struggle with breakouts and blackheads.  This is especially true in the summer, when oil and sweat are at their worst.  I use these pads at night, after I wash my face, to remove the last bits of makeup and other gunk in my pores.  They do not dry my skin out!  They exfoliate gently, which is great for sensitive skin, and -- bonus!-- they can help get rid of excess self tanner!

No 7 Beautiful Skin Day Cream for Normal/Oily Skin
Target, $13.99

Even those of us with oily skin need to keep our skin hydrated. I love this cream because it does just that, while keeping oil slicks at bay.  It's a nice thick cream, but it works into the skin easily.  A tip from the Boots rep who helped me at Target:  if you want a cream to go on like a lotion, apply it with wet fingers!

NYX Rouge Cream Blush in "Glow"
Ulta, $6.99
This was my first NYX product, and I must say, I'm impressed.  It's highly pigmented and applies smoothly with fingers or a brush.  I like that it gives a slight glow without being glittery or super shiny.

Cover Girl Clump Crusher by Lash Blast  water-resistant mascara in "Very Black"
Target, $6.99
This is my everyday mascara.  It gives great volume, and like the name implies, does not clump.  The water-resistant formula can be a bit of a bugger to remove, but for me it's worth it to not have mascara dripping down my face if I get a little sweaty.

Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray
Sephora, $14.00
Say hello to my one and only high-end favorite!  I bought this spray in my quest for something--anything!--that would keep my skin matte for more than a couple hours.  While not perfect, De-Slick does a better job than anything else I've tried.  I spray it twice right after I've done my foundation, then twice again after all my makeup is on.  I'd say it keeps the shine down for around six hours for me.

Bath & Body Works Fine Fragrance Mist in "Bali Mango"
Bath & Body Works, $14.00
I'm normally a floral fragrance girl (Philosophy's Amazing Grace is my holy grail), but in the summer I like to change it up.  Bali Mango is soft, sweet, and fruity, with a hint of citrus.  It's the perfect pick-me-up on a hot afternoon.

What are your favorite products of the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment