Thursday, August 8, 2013

Top 5 Products Under $5

I firmly believe that you don't have to spend a lot to get great beauty products.  While I may splurge here and there on a high-end foundation (or my summer favorite setting spray), for the most part I stick to drugstore brands.  Here are a few of my favorites from the lowest end of the price scale.

Wet n Wild Color Icon Blush in "Mellow Wine"
$2.99, drugstores


Holy pigmentation, Batman!  A little of this blush goes a long way, which makes the value even more phenomenal.  It has a soft, silky texture and matte finish, perfect for when you want just a little flush of color without shimmer.

e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Treat & Tame in "Ash"
$3.00, www.eyeslipsface.com


On one end, it's a tinted brow gel.  On the other, a "vitamin infused gel formula" that claims to help stimulate hair growth.  I haven't used it long enough to know if it'll make my brows bushier, but I love the tinted gel.  It contains little fibers that help fill in brows for a naturally full look.  When I don't feel like fiddling with a pencil or brow powder, this is my go-to.

pHisoderm Cream Cleanser for Sensitive Skin
$4.69, drugstores


I don't ask for much in a cleanser.  I want it to clean my face and not irritate my skin, that's about it.  Done and done, for under five bucks.  Yay!

Revlon Colorsilk hair color
$3.99, drugstores


Wanna know a secret?  I have never had my hair colored at a salon.  Not once.  But I've had multiple hair stylists compliment my hair color when I use Colorsilk.  The price is amazing, especially since my thick hair usually requires two boxes for a full color.  I stick with the neutral or cool shades to minimize brassiness.

e.l.f. Studio Volume Plumping Mascara
$3.00, Target or www.eyeslipsface.com


This was my first experience with e.l.f. mascara, and I was impressed!  I usually use waterproof mascaras because I fear the Raccoon Eye Effect.  Not a problem here!  It defines lashes in one coat, adds volume with a second coat, and stays put all day.  I don't even need to curl my lashes before applying, because it holds a slight curl by itself.

What are your favorite beauty bargains?

No comments:

Post a Comment